Sunday 29th March – Visit to RAF Museum Hendon, Grahame Park Way, Hendon, London, NW9 5LL (NW9 5QW for Sat Nav)
Nearest Tube Station is Colindale on the Northern Line, a 20-minute walk, or Bus No 303 from station. There is Car parking at Museum but there is a charge. We will be meeting Lesley in Reception at 11.00am. There may be the possibility of limited small group tours TBA next Newsletter. I will be taking names at the February and March Meetings.
Sunday 26th April – Visit to Royal British Legion, Grub Street, Limpsfield Chart, nr. Oxted, Surrey, RH8 0SJ
Lunch at 2.30pm followed by Jazz at 4.00pm
Cost is £11.00 including lunch. 4 Roast options or fish choice, followed by Jazz or Group of Live Music. Dogs are welcome and allowed in Main Hall.
This date is also National Classic Car Driving Day and I will be taking names and monies of those who wish to attend at the next 2 meetings. With brighter evenings, this should be an enjoyable day.
Sunday 17th May 2020 – Visit and Tour of the Pilgrim Brewery, 11 West Street, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 9BL
This is the oldest Craft Brewery in SE England established 1982. Meeting at 12.00 noon. Cost is £12.50ph. The tour lasts 1 hour. Max 40 people. Car Parking available in local public car parks nearby. I will start taking names from the February Meeting.
Saturday 20th June – Visit and Tour of Fulham Palace and Gardens, Bishops Avenue Fulham, London, SW6 6EA
Meeting at 11.00am with a guided tour of this lovely venue. Cost £8.00ph. Names and monies will be collected at later Club Meetings.
Future Events for Consideration
- London Walk with Marion and John. Likely date in July 2020.
- Visit to Butser Ancient Farm, nr. Petersfield. Likely date in August.
- Visit and Tour of Abbey Wood Pumping Station. Likely date September.
- Looking at Halloween Event for October, suggestions please!
- Saturday 14th November – Rat Pack Tribute Night and 3 Course meal at Crown Plaza, Felbridge Hotel, East Grinstead. Accommodation available, hotel has excellent Pool and Spa facilities.
- Motown and Soul Night at Caterham Ex Serviceman’s Club. Cost £3.00ph.
- Winter Visit to The Royal Institute in London.
Please note, the Goodwood House recommendation cannot be booked up front, so if you wish to consider this I will be going on an Open Day on 7th June at 1.00pm, cost £9.50p. However, you will have to make your own arrangements, should you wish to join me, by going to the Goodwood House Website.
Thank you to everyone for the excellent suggestions.