The Epsom MG Owners’ Club is run by member volunteers and we welcome you to get involved.
Members are elected onto the Epsom MG Owners’ Club Committee at the January 2020 monthly meeting and roles decided at the first committee meeting after that. Committee Meetings take place on the Wednesday following the monthly meeting at the same venue as the monthly meetings, at Sutton United Football Club.
If you feel that you would like to give some time to club affairs and would like to serve on the 2020 Committee, please give your name to Bryan Young, Area Secretary, by the 8th November 2019.
Committee roles and duties
To act as the focal point for all matters relating to the Club, both externally and internally.
- Provide agenda and chair monthly committee meetings.
- Communicate relevant information about events past, present and future and comment on people and issues at the monthly club night.
- Be aware of members needs through attending events and talking with individuals about club matters.
- Develop contacts and opportunities to enhance club image and presence.
- Choose recipients of Annual Awards.
- Be available to members and others at all times.
- Make speeches at various events throughout the year.
- To contribute at all times to the well-being of all members and the club as a whole.
To act as a link various external and internal parties, providing information and communication as required.
- Link between Epsom Area and Club Headquarters.
- Provide monthly reports via the Octagonal News and Enjoying MG.
- Follow up discussion and direction at committee meetings, providing feedback by agreed deadlines.
- Produce and distribute the minutes of committee meetings.
- Arrange and obtain club stationery and printing requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of club activities and promote to members.
- Take general enquiries from prospective members and others regarding club matters, via email phone and post.
- Arrange Public Liability insurance for events as required.
- Act as liaison between monthly meeting venue and club, negotiating prices and conditions.
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY & OCTAGONAL NEWS EDITOR
Responsible for registering and maintaining the members list and giving new members the background to club activities and production of the Octagonal News.
- Greeting new members at monthly meetings or other events and encouraging them to become involved in club activities. Explain the purpose of the club, the events we organize and make them feel welcome.
- Maintain the members register which contains names, addresses, phone numbers, car details.
- Send out newsletters to those members not attending the monthly meeting.
- Coordinate requirements of the Octagonal News agree deadlines for submission of articles and produce text and layout. Chase committee members and others for articles by due time.
- Arrange printing of the Octagonal news and its availability at monthly meetings.
Responsible for all financial matters to do with the club and the provision of the Annual Accounts and Balance Sheet.
- Look after the club’s cash and operate Building Society or Bank Accounts to make the best use of the club’s funds.
- Keep an accurate record of the club’s accounts and arrange for these to be audited at the end of each year.
- Ensure that all the club’s bills are paid.
- Annually produce a report of the club’s accounts.
The bulk of the work involves 4 or 5 hours work each month and should be done on the day following the monthly meeting. This ensures that the club gets maximum interest on its money in the Building Society or Bank. The payment of bills is occasional and involves sending cheques and receiving monies.
The annual accounts usually take about a day to produce and must be done after 31st December and be available for the January monthly meeting.
Responsible for the ordering, promotion and sale of club regalia.
- Maintain stock records and verify all purchases and sales.
- Store regalia between meetings and maintain in a new condition.
- Display and offer regalia for sale at meetings.
- Display and sell regalia at events.
- Order items as required to maintain adequate stock, subject to agreed levels.
Responsible for collating members attendance for events and taking deposits.
- Selling tickets and collecting monies for events. i.e. Dinner Dance and any social.
- Liaise with other committee members to ensure support for social events.
- Organise the odd event for monthly meetings and additional events.
- The time spent each month is 6 hours and includes phone calls.
CAR EVENTS SECRETARY
Responsible for organizing a programme of car events, excluding car displays.
- To provide a varied range of events covering runs, treasure hunts, driving tests, etc.
- Liaising with other committee members on matters affecting events.
- Finding suitable venues, pre-booking where necessary.
- Planning layouts for driving tests.
- Awareness of safety needs at events and the appropriate insurance cover where applicable.
CLUB STAND SECRETARY
Responsible for the organization of the club stand at events.
- Keep register of members vehicles and organize volunteers for events.
- Ensure sufficient volunteers for each event and provide them with the necessary details.
- Arrange the necessary equipment and organize the display of vehicles.
- Update and maintain photo boards.
- Organize attractions for the club stand, where appropriate.
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
To organize, manage and coordinate all matters relating to special events, particularly the Surrey Run, on behalf of the Epsom Area.
- Form appropriate committees to cover all activities relating to special events.
- Establish the content and event requirements.
- Create and manage the event budget.
- Maintain a communication link between the various committees and the members.
- Provide a post event report for publication where appropriate.
- Provide separate accounts for each special event.
Responsible for developing, maintaining and updating the Club Website www.epsommgoc.org.uk
- Maintain website administration – Plugins, WordPress Theme updates and back-ups.
- Update changes to the website and monthly page and post updates.
- Upload monthly newsletter and provide website links to the Editor to distribute to the membership.
- Identify opportunities for site enhancements.
- Manage Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to ensure our site is appealing to search engines.
- Provide monthly analytics data report to committee members for all committee meetings.
- Manage hosting provider and associated website charges with Treasurer.
Work involves approx. 4 hours a month.